Friday, September 10, 2010

A Farmer Saved Overlean's Life

A German named Overlean was always engaged in the works of public welfare. He considered helping needy people his priority and he never even bothered about the sufferings he encountered in this course of work. One day while he was travelling for one such work, dusty winds started blowing, after a while it began raining heavily and soon it took the shape of a cyclone. Overlean shouted for help but in the loud sound of the cyclone no one heard him, finally he fainted and fell on the ground. After a while, a farmer passed by and saw Overlean lying on the ground and brought him in his hut.

When Overlean came into a conscious state he thanked the farmer and said, 'You have saved my life and I want to give you an expensive gift'. The farmer shockingly asked him, 'Gift for what? I saw a man in trouble and brought him in my hut, I have only fulfilled my duty'. When Overlean asked him his name he said, 'Dear friend, as Bible doesn't mention the name of any benevolent man likewise let me also be unnamed'.

Moral: A man who does good works considering it as a duty do not desire fame, appreciation or gifts rather he considers good works as his life's motive.

No comments:

Followers