Saturday, June 5, 2010

The True Goal

One day, two strangers were walking from a city to their village. A good exchange of talks made their journey easy, and soon they crossed the half way to their village. When they reached the river side they saw that there was no bridge to cross that river. One of them did not know swimming, but seeing no other choice he too decided to swim his way to the other side. The one who knew swimming lost his confidence in the middle of the river, and ended up striving for his life and breath. Whereas the other one easily swam his way and safely reached the other side of the river.

When he saw his companion stuck in the middle of the river he again jumped in the water and got him out safely. On reaching the shore safely the one who knew swimming asked the other that how he could swim so confidently. The one who did not know swimming replied, "My friend the box tied to my waist is full of gold coins, which I have earned for my wife and children working day and night over the years." The one who did not know swimming replied, "My friend the box tied to my waist is full of gold coins, which I have earned for my wife and children working day and night over the years."

Moral: Complete focus on a goal gives us enough courage to overcome all the hurdles of the way without fear.

No comments:

Followers